Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Posted Apr 24
Coconino County is recruiting for a Diversity and Inclusion Officer who is motivated by meaningful work, values collaborative relationships and embraces this role to realize a shared vision for our organization.
As a member of the Coconino County Human Resources Team, you will be a key player influencing an organizational culture focused on proactive engagement and inclusion for team members. We value the diversity and authenticity that our team members bring to our organization and look forward to pursuing even greater richness in our work environment with a more strategic approach.
Coconino County is a results-oriented, mission-driven organization that is deeply committed to service to our residents. Our Diversity and Inclusion Officer is expected to embrace a transformational, servant-leadership approach towards meaningful impacts for our organization and county-wide. This position is responsible for assessing the cultural competency of the organization to drive the development and implementation of a strategic plan. This role facilitates collaboration among Coconino County Departments, programs, to grow and sustain our vision for diversity, inclusivity and equity in meaningful ways for our team members and our community.
Coconino County is excited to announce the position of Diversity Officer to join our Human Resources Team. The Diversity Officer has the unique opportunity to conduct an organization wide diversity assessment to assess for cultural competency and then expand and build upon the organization diversity strategic plan. This position is responsible for assessing the cultural competency of the organization while collaborating with Coconino County Departments, programs, committees and other bodies as designated to grow, promote and sustain the vision for diversity, inclusivity and equity through the development, implementation and monitoring of programs.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the following: establishing, improving and moving forward an organization wide diversity initiative; working with established community partners, commissions and citizens groups; developing and establishing credibility and trust working with diverse populations; and working with culturally competent organizational practices, policies and strategies.
Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Resource Management or related field and five years progressively responsible administrative or supervisory experience in Parks and Recreation; OR any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Pay & Benefits
Salary: $54,779-$80,524 annually
Coconino County offers a comprehensive employee benefits package to regular employees working 30 or more hours per week that includes: Vacation/Annual Leave; Sick Leave; 10 Holidays Per Year; Health Care Insurance; Dental Plan; Vision Plan; Group Life Insurance; Pre-Tax Deduction Plan; Sick Leave Conversion Plan; Personal Day Purchase Program; Vacation Sell Back Program; Tuition Reimbursement Program; Wellness Program; Long-Term Disability; Retirement System; Employee Assistance Program; On-going Training Opportunities; Free Bus Transportation.
Elective coverage includes: Dependent Medical, Dental, and Vision; Supplemental Life (for employees & dependents); Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account; Tax-deferred investment program; Short Term Disability; Accidental and Disability Insurance.
Preferred qualifications include Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Navajo speaking and writing skills and experience with diversity issues in recruitment, retention, identity development, access, and equity.
Typical Duties and Nature of Work
- Administers, develops, implements and monitors programs that promote and sustain diversity, inclusion, equity, and respect throughout Coconino County
- Provides oversight for the Coconino County diversity initiatives and goals
- Creates county wide strategic plan for diversyt and inclusion
- Identifies best practice and benchmarks in diversity, inclusion and equality
- Performs county wide cultural competency assessments
- Participates in employee enrichment activities, including coordination of county diversity projects and initiatives
- Reviews, interprets, and recommends county-wide programs and policies
- Acts a resource for department diversity policy development
- Assists departments in completing and implementing their diversity action plans
- Collects and analyzes statistical data
- Tracks trends and developments in functional areas
- Conducts studies, performs research, and prepares reports
- Participates in working groups, councils and committees
- Ensures compliance with rules and regulations
- Provides training in assigned functional area(s)
- Coordinates activities of assigned area with other human resource staff as appropriate
- Manages special projects
- May supervise assigned staff