Human Resources Associate: Part-Time Position
The Human Resources Associate will perform a range of hiring, administrative, and human resource support functions for Mile High Youth Corps – Southern Front Range (MHYC-SFR). The Human Resources Associate will directly contribute to increasing MHYC-SFR’s capacity to meet the organization’s mission: To help youth make a difference in themselves and their communities through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.
Reports to Manager: Compliance and Data.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Human resources Associate will:
• Support the hiring and paperwork process for the Summer of Service and Fall Forestry season to include collecting and tracking hours and necessary documents
• Support the Summer of Service and Fall Forestry recruitment, pre-screening, interviewing, and hiring process as needed
• Effectively utilize online payroll system (Paycom) for all Corpsmembers and seasonal Crew Leaders
• Ensure effective, accurate and timely AmeriCorps compliance of Corpsmember files, timesheets and exit paperwork
• Support orientation logistics as needed for Corpsmembers
• Enter all Corpsmember and project information into the Colorado Youth Corps Association (CYCA) database for CYCA funded projects
• Assist with tracking quantitative and qualitative data
• Collect Crew Leader receipts and generate expense reports on a monthly basis
• Other duties as assigned for AmeriCorps compliance related needs
• Support of transporting Corpsmembers in and out of the field
• Basic proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft office program that include Outlook and Word
• Prior experience with data entry and management and/or other detailed oriented work
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
• Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills
• Works well independently and as part of a team
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage, multiple deadlines
• A Criminal History Check and FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting, are required
• Pre-employment drug screen required.
• A clean driving record with valid license is required
• Fully comply with organizational policies and procedures
Hours & Compensation
This is a temporary part-time hourly position (approximately 25 hours/week). The pay rate is $15-$16/hour based on experience. Benefits are not included. A flexible schedule is available during the hours of operation which are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. The position is available immediately and runs through December 7, 2018.
Mile High Youth Corps employs, educates and trains young adults, ages 16-24, on conservation projects in neighborhoods, construction sites, public lands and open spaces throughout Metro Denver and the Southern Front Range of Colorado. For 25 years, we have been engaging youth in jobs that help the planet and provide pathways to a promising future. By integrating paid work experience on community projects with career exploration, education and life skills training, MHYC helps youth gain the knowledge, skills and motivation they need to make positive changes in their community, their own lives and the world.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
(include “Human Resources Associate” in subject line)
Mail: Mile High Youth Corps (ATTN: SFR Human Resources Associate)
1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin. Every effort shall be made to grant reasonable accommodation for qualified people with disabilities to participate in this AmeriCorps program.