Have fun this summer and work for an environmental organization by teaching youth in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. BookTrails is an exciting organization that offers unique early-education programs promoting environmental awareness taught through reading, writing, and art. We are seeking Lead Teachers to join our summer programming team for Reading on Ranches Camp. Lead Intern/Teachers will gain experience in many sectors of the organization—including overseeing a team of 4 interns, camp logistics and planning, and most importantly, teaching environmental education in an outdoor setting. They will work with the Assistant
Directors to facilitate camp lessons, scheduling, and supervise our team of interns. Lead Interns/Teachers will also get to travel to Edwards, CO and help teach a satellite program, as well as camping trips and rafting trips with the campers throughout Colorado. An unforgettable experience is guaranteed, as well as an excellent spring-board towards your next career choice. Spend your summer exploring the beautiful Colorado wilderness while helping children have the
nature experience of a lifetime.
• Act as a supervisor for our team of 4 interns
• Assist with organization with paperwork and camp check-in
• Supervise our team of interns--manage intern responsibilities, scheduling, and
• Lead Teachers are charged with the academic aspect of our day, ensuring that all lessons are prepared and planned and that all academic materials are packed. They play a large role in curriculum development.
• Provide one-on-one reading and writing help for students
• Help with transportation needs and planning special field trips around the area--
• Multiple experiences working with children, ages 3-15, preferably in an outdoor setting.
• Must be comfortable managing groups of children up to 5, in an outdoor setting
• Experience with education and teaching
• Must be a team player, problem solver, high energy, and FLEXIBLE
• Strong knowledge of Colorado ecosystems
• Must have strong reading and writing skills and a passion for literature
• Must possess strong organizational and communication skills
• Must possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college
• Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive vans and trailers
Superior organizational and time management skills are crucial to excelling in this position. Individuals who are receptive to close-collaboration in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously will be assets to the organization. Ideal candidates are dedicated individuals who seek to grow as professionals and develop supportive relationships with colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org