Grand Canyon Conservancy established the Naturalist Intern Program to familiarize and train college students and/or graduates in the field of Outdoor Education. This program enhances the Canyon Field School (CFS) through campsite and program preparation, activity/ curriculum development, and completion of an Intern Project.
Interns participate and assist in lesson planning, and carrying out supervisor assigned tasks to prepare and execute outdoor education programs at Grand Canyon National Park.
Under the supervision of the CFS Manager, interns choose and develop a project which enhances both CFS’s programs and the intern’s professional development. Interns will also have opportunities to assist with activity and curriculum development for CFS programs. A large part of this internship will involve collecting materials, preparing for upcoming programs, and helping facilitate education programs. Work may require weekends, extended hours and routine exposure to elements when conducting outdoor classes.
Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend and housing for the duration of their internship. Additional opportunities such as inner canyon experiences and professional development classes may arise.
· Be a current university student or recent graduate
· Be interested in a career in nonformal or environmental education
· Be willing to commit at least 3 months full time to work and live at Grand Canyon National Park
· Have experience with children, especially middle and high schoolers
· Have experience in outdoor activities, such as hiking and camping
· Have a strong work ethic, good organizational skills, and is able to work independently
How to Apply:
Fill out the linked application. Be prepared to provide a transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and letter of reference in addition to the application.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Grand Canyon Trust