Position: Research Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Western Values Project Research Director
The Western Values Project, a project of Accountable.US that brings accountability to public policymaking about public lands in the American West, seeks a Research Analyst to conduct research on issues ranging from national parks to energy policy to government accountability at the Department of Interior.
This position is based in Washington, DC. Research projects may include travel on occasion. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
● Working as part of a team to produce research reports on land conservation issues
● Conducting news, internet, and database searches to inform these reports
● Clearly reporting research findings to senior staff both orally and in written form
● Drafting and distributing daily morning clips
● Tracking legislation and pertinent agency actions on land conservation issues
● Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
● Bachelor’s degree required;
● 2 years or less of experience in research or related field. This could include academic research, political advocacy, campaign or public policy research, and/or experience on Capitol Hill or in government;
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
● Smart sound judgment and discerning eye;
● Ability to work independently and juggle competing priorities and strict deadlines;
● Proven track record for being a self-starter;
● Attention to detail;
● Commitment to public lands and conservation.
● A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are also essential.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
with “Research Analyst Applicant” in subject line.