Mile High Youth Corps helps youth make a difference in themselves and their community through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.
Position Overview: The YouthBuild Fundraising and Development VISTA supports the work of the Mile High Youth Corps’ Development Department through fundraising, partnership development, communications and public relations.
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Areas of Responsibility:
Fundraising & Development
Support the Development Team in securing grants and donations and create resources to enhance the YouthBuild program’s ability to serve Corpsmembers.
Write and submit grant proposals to support YouthBuild and Mile High Youth Corps programming.
Contribute to the planning and execution of fundraising events
Enhance Development Department databases and tracking systems
Identify potential community partners, including corporate partners, businesses, and volunteers and develop an engagement strategy
Work with the Development Team and Case Management team to redevelop the Employer Advisory Council
Communications and Public Relations
• Develop monthly newsletter content
• Support monthly meetings of the Editorial Committee and the creation of a monthly editorial calendar
• Create and submit regular press releases related to upcoming events
• Evaluate impact of communications
Education: BA or BS preferred. Professional experience in a related field may be substituted for post-secondary education.
• Belief in and strong support of Mile High Youth Corps’ mission, vision, and values
• Ability to complete tasks in a detailed and timely manner
• Must be eligible to legally work in the United States, which will be confirmed using the Federal E-Verify system
• Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds
• Technologically proficient, including experience with computer and data management programs (MS Word, MS Excel, Access, etc.). Experience with database systems preferred
• Ability to work well independently and in a team
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Software preferred
• Pre-employment drug screen may be required
Hours, Compensation, and Benefits
• This is a one-year, full-time AmeriCorps VISTA position (subject to VISTA restrictions) that pays an annual living stipend of $15,950, equating to approximately $613 bi-weekly before taxes.
• Week day office hours are typically 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8 am to 4 pm on Fridays.
• $6,095 Ed Award or $1,800 stipend upon completion
• Optional enrollment in the AmeriCorps VISTA Healthcare Allowance program.
• 10 sick days and 10 vacation days
• Opportunities for professional development training throughout the year
• Relocation allowance up to $1,000 provided by the Corporation
• Child care allowance provided by the Corporation
To Apply: Apply online at www.americorps.gov or email submit cover letter and resume, and put “YouthBuild Fundraising & Development VISTA” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. For more information on MHYC, go to www.milehighyouthcorps.org.
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin. Every effort shall be made to grant reasonable accommodation for qualified people with disabilities to participate in this AmeriCorps program.